Something/someone that has had a big impact on your life.
I thought about this one for awhile today. I do not like to think about loosing my mom because I am extremely emotional about it and typing about it will just make me cry, but loosing my mom has truly had the biggest impact on my life.
First off my mom made a big impact on me while she was alive so that I became the person I am today. She taught me kindness, generosity, service, love and to be a hard worker among many other things. These were some of my favorite qualities that she possessed. My mom lived her life for her family. We knew how much she loved us and wanted us to be happy and I hope I can express those feelings to my family as amazingly as she did.
A girl needs her mom, and not just for awhile but FOREVER. There have been SO many special days/events in my life that she was suppose to be here for. My wedding day, the birth of my children, my children's birthdays. I remember just crying after everyone left Griffin's 1st birthday party and thinking "she should have been here" I want to call her and just talk about nothing or ask her questions about everything. I know she would be here in a minute if I needed her and my children SO need the grandma she would have been to them.
When my mom died, I had just graduated from college and was deciding what I wanted to do with my life. I had a job I liked in Castle Dale, but most of my friends were gone. I planned on moving to Provo and experiencing life in the "city" and meeting guys and going to institute, but when she died I stayed around to help out with my dad and little brother. Now I can't say how much I actually helped out because I had to learn how to cook and do laundry, but I knew I wanted and needed to be with my little brother and dad at this time.
My dad got engaged and remarried just months after my mom died which was devastating for me. However, I had become good friends with a girl who had moved home from school after going through her own trial at school and we were attending the college ward. We had a group of guy friends that we really enjoyed spending time with and so I stuck around although I spent as little time at home as possible because I was hurt and still mourning the loss of my sweet mother.
Just a few more months after my dad got re-married, Bry was home from his mission and I went over there because his dad called and wanted to pitch me a business idea. I thought Bry was HOT HOT HOT and so I asked him if he wanted to go to a CEU basketball game with me. We were together EVERY day after that until we got married. So being at home turned into one of the greatest blessings in my life. If I had not lost my mom and been at home in Huntington... I would have never married Bryan and had the life and family I do today. I truly believe that out of our trials come blessings and in this case it was true. YES, I would rather have my mom and Bryan, but life did not work out that way.
First off my mom made a big impact on me while she was alive so that I became the person I am today. She taught me kindness, generosity, service, love and to be a hard worker among many other things. These were some of my favorite qualities that she possessed. My mom lived her life for her family. We knew how much she loved us and wanted us to be happy and I hope I can express those feelings to my family as amazingly as she did.
A girl needs her mom, and not just for awhile but FOREVER. There have been SO many special days/events in my life that she was suppose to be here for. My wedding day, the birth of my children, my children's birthdays. I remember just crying after everyone left Griffin's 1st birthday party and thinking "she should have been here" I want to call her and just talk about nothing or ask her questions about everything. I know she would be here in a minute if I needed her and my children SO need the grandma she would have been to them.
When my mom died, I had just graduated from college and was deciding what I wanted to do with my life. I had a job I liked in Castle Dale, but most of my friends were gone. I planned on moving to Provo and experiencing life in the "city" and meeting guys and going to institute, but when she died I stayed around to help out with my dad and little brother. Now I can't say how much I actually helped out because I had to learn how to cook and do laundry, but I knew I wanted and needed to be with my little brother and dad at this time.
My dad got engaged and remarried just months after my mom died which was devastating for me. However, I had become good friends with a girl who had moved home from school after going through her own trial at school and we were attending the college ward. We had a group of guy friends that we really enjoyed spending time with and so I stuck around although I spent as little time at home as possible because I was hurt and still mourning the loss of my sweet mother.
Just a few more months after my dad got re-married, Bry was home from his mission and I went over there because his dad called and wanted to pitch me a business idea. I thought Bry was HOT HOT HOT and so I asked him if he wanted to go to a CEU basketball game with me. We were together EVERY day after that until we got married. So being at home turned into one of the greatest blessings in my life. If I had not lost my mom and been at home in Huntington... I would have never married Bryan and had the life and family I do today. I truly believe that out of our trials come blessings and in this case it was true. YES, I would rather have my mom and Bryan, but life did not work out that way.
Even though I struggled for years with my dad getting re-married, after I got married and my brother left on his mission, I realized that if he did not have Loyette he would have been all alone which made me very sad. Loyette has been so good to my dad and I am very grateful for her and that he has had her through the years and especially while he was sick. I am grateful too for the stepmom she is to my brother and I.
I never dreamed of losing my mom, but I try and enjoy life and make her proud of me and teach my children all about her.
I never dreamed of losing my mom, but I try and enjoy life and make her proud of me and teach my children all about her.




3 comments:
Your Mom was always my favorite Aunt and I have so, SO many wonderful memories of her from when I was a little girl. She was such an amazing person, in every way, and she had a beautiful family. I look at you and Jason and your families... You're such a wonderful person Mel and raising a beautiful family. There's no question, she must be so proud of you!
I never knew your mom, but you are such an amazing woman and mother. It was really nice to hear about your mom and what you went through. I don't think I really ever knew all that. You have come out of it beautifully!
Reading your post reminds me so much of my life except that I was married almost two years before my mom past away. I completely understand your feelings about experiencing life and big milestones without your mom. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about mine. I think there is a permanent hole in my heart that will never close. I can also relate to the fact that my dad re-married a couple months after as well. There are so many emotions that you experience after losing someone close and I remember being so emotional about everything. I'm so glad he married Nancy (love her), but was still mourning my mom at the time. I guess I just wanted to let you know I can completely understand what you were going through.
Post a Comment