I have been having a good time with my boys this past month or two enjoying the warm weather. We have been going swimming twice a week at the new indoor pool and just this week they opened the outside and my boys had a BLAST!!! We usually swim for an hour, but we were there almost 3 hours this past time.
A picture of the outside swimming pool... yes here in little Castle Dale.
It took Gav awhile, but Griffin helped him not be scared and he finally went down the slide. I didn't get very many pictures of Griffin because he was off having too much fun.
There are 4 or 5 spraying fountains all around the swimming area.
SPLASH!!
Gavin turning the wheel and adjusting how the water sprays.
There is a bucket above the slide that kids can use to dump water on each other. They kept dunking Griffin and I am glad he thought it was funny and was a good sport about it.
I love swimming and I enjoy the indoor pool because I can just let the boys play and swim and I can have a good swim myself. I need to get my boys in lessons so they can stop being dependent on their life jackets, but it's nice to be able to just no they are safe while I swim.
Peek-a-boo
The Ding Dong Culprit. They always go so much faster than I think we eat them, but I think Gavin helps himself and throws away any evidence.
May is hard for me with Mothers Day and Memorial day, extra hard this year being pregnant with a girl. We went and visited Grandma Carolyn both days. I think Griffin kind of understands the she is his special grandma in Heaven. We told him that she is with baby sister right now getting her ready to come down to us. He wanted to put the flowers on her grave by himself this year.
I told Griffin about my cousin James and how we were good friends and now he always goes by his grave and says hi and tells me "this is my friend James"
Watching the rain together outside on the porch.
Gavin is our truck boy. He is always playing with a tractor, truck or digger.
Our addition looks the same BUT we have the roof completed, shingles and all, next step is concrete the garage floor. Griffin loves helping his dad and thinks it's cool to go on the roof and help him.
Gavin loves saying "hi mom" while he hangs over the edge and about gives mom anxiety attacks. He is braver than I would like him to be, but both of my boys always have been.




1 comment:
You are such a good and outgoing mom Mel, esp being almost 9 months preggers! I want to bring Maddie down to that outdoor pool now. She'd love it. We'll have to plan a time and Grif and Gavin can come too, Maddie would LOVE that even more!
Post a Comment