Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam

I have really enjoyed my calling as the sunbeams teacher. I was called in mid October and had a partner that I traded with every week on giving the lessons. I had 4 four year olds that were pretty well behaved and teaching every other week seemed like a breeze. AND THEN the new year came. I knew I was going to be getting new kids and was excited for Griffin to be a sunbeam. I did not take into consideration that my partner would have a new year baby and still be gone, that I would get 12 three year olds who are ALL active (and when I say active I mean BOTH active as little three years olds are and active so that almost every week I get a room jammed full) and that my growing belly would make each week a little harder. Some weeks (ok almost EVERY week) I am just exhausted. I love my kids and I am truly grateful for my calling. I have grown really fond of some of my kids and totally love and appreciate the sweet cards and pictures they draw for me. Trying to get that many kids who were use to playing and eating in nursery to now be in a small classroom for 50 minutes and listen to a lesson is almost impossible. The boys want to play spider man, the girls want to trade shoes and I just TRY to get order and hope I am getting my message acrossed each week. Today our lesson was on "I am Thankful for trees, plants and flowers" so it was a GREAT oppurtunity to take them outside, let them run and get their wiggles out and take a picture. This week went really good, only 6 kids and I was able to take a good 20 minutes out of class by enjoying the beauty we are thankful for outside. I am sure next week will be wild and crazy again, but I thankful for these sweet spirits that I can teach and just maybe, the boys will turn from spider man into little angels... what do you think?
My handsome men, ready to go to church!!
I sure love my sweet little boys!! 

4 comments:

Lacy said...

I teach the Sunbeams too! I was nervous when they switched me to that class at the new year, but I actually enjoy them! Im a little luckier though cause I usually only have 6 kids (they have 2 sunbeam classes in my ward). And I was lucky and got the good group!

Lori Arthur said...

I just love the picture of you with the boys... its so cute. I think that if I had a calling in church, I would want to teach the little kids. :)

Keiauni said...

Cute posts!
Your boys are adorable, and you looks great too!
That sassy little picture of the "beams" cracks me up.
How's that studio coming along?

Unknown said...

How lucky they are to have you for the sunbeam teacher. You are great with those kids and have the patience! Cute boys, too. They will be so excited for your little girl to come along!