Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Holdaway family

My Grandpa Don (my grandma Holdaways 3rd husband) had his 80th birthday this year too. To celebrate, my Grandma Holdaway threw him a birthday party which was extra special. All 5 of her kids were there and almost all of the grand kids were too. (again, more than I have seen at family reunions and I even got to see my cousin Natalie which I have not seen in years). I was happy to get the family together for a picture. My favorite part was grandmas YUMMY dinner. She makes THE BEST roast and mashed potatoes and gravy. Her potatoes are just the best thing ever and she always makes "real" potatoes. Her gravy is to die for. (my husband that never eats gravy had seconds) I admire her talent to cook. Her homemade bread and chocolate pies are also on the top of my favorite food list. I have her recopies, but its just not the same. If I could become half the cook she is I would be happy!! That is one thing I miss so much about my mom, she was a WONDERFUL cook. 

No comments: