Monday, September 29, 2008

My good friend Tammy does an amazing job at journaling almost every day on her blog. She has started to ask some questions to get others involved and I this is something I want to try.
What is something you never thought you would experience but have??
Definitely losing my mother. That has been life's hardest thing for me. I was lucky enough to have her for 21 years but I needer her SOOO much longer. She was the best mother in the world. She lived her life for her family. Now that I am a wife, I admire how much she loved my dad and made him a lunch every day and keep the house clean for him and cooked us nice home made meal every night. As a mother she taught us how to work hard, to treat others kindly, and to have fun. It was hard not having her there on my wedding day or for the birth of my babies, but I think one of my hardest days was Griffin's first birthday. After having all my family over and celebrating this special day, I cried myself to sleep because I missed her so badly and wanted her there. She was not able to have children, and to not be able to have grandchildren either just breaks my heart. She would have been best grandma EVER!!  I am grateful that I have such an AMAZING and WONDERFUL person to look up to and I want to try to be the best mother I can so she will be proud of me and I can't wait to see her and hold her again!! 
Think about your adulthood so far. How have your favorites changed from high school years to now? Why do you think they have changed??
I was SO boy crazy back in high school  (I am still crazy about MY boys & man) Bryan says I said the word "like" a lot. My friends were more important than family. I wish I would have spent more time with my family and listened to my parents advice more. Family is #1 now and although I do love going out with my friends, family is SO much more important. I thought that finding the right person to marry was last BIG thing I would have to do. How funny is that? It is probably the FIRST BIG thing you do in life. School was not important, I did not learn much and now I wish I could take some classes and learn that I am now interested. I am glad that I have done a lot of "growing up" but it makes me who I am today!


3 comments:

Tammy said...

Great Job Mel! Thanks for sharing. I am sure that it is hard to share some of your feelings, but it was great to learn more about you and how you feel about things. Keep it up!

Lacy said...

love the new background! i liked your journaling. i miss your mom too, she was truly somthing special..just like a second mother to me

Kalley said...

I know exactly how you are feeling about your mom. I lost my mom almost three years ago to the day and I have to say that it has been one of the hardest things I've had to deal with in my life. I miss her so much. It's amazing how sometimes you can be going about your day and all of a sudden a sight, smell or a certain song can bring all the memories rushing back. One thing that has helped me get on with my life is my husband and children. I can't imagine what I do without them.