Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our 4th of July was FABULOUS!! It started out with the annual Huntington Heritage days parade. This year the boys were asked to be in the parade. I honestly thought they would choose to catch candy rather than throw it, but I was wrong. They were really excited to ride on the big Nielson Contruction truck float. As the truck past by us, Gavin was on Grandma Nielsons lap waving at everyone and Griffin was throwing candy, eating a piece and then throwing more. They had a GREAT time and my Grandma Nielson enjoyed riding and having a bunch of her great-grandchildren with her. There was a giant rock on the bed of the truck and it stood for our grandma being the rock and foundation of the company. 
Kara loved catching candy and watching the floats go by. It was different not having the boys with us, but Kara was SO fun to watch her little smile and her expressions as she watched the parade and picked up candy.
After the parade we spent awhile at the park. They had inflatable slides which was hard to get the kids away from. The boys picked themselves a toy and then we headed to my parents house for a BBQ. My brother Jason and sister Holli were there with their families too.
We ate lots of YUMMY food. Played cards, shot bow and arrows, rode motorcycles, played croquet, ate more yummy food and just had a great time with family and made some good memories.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it when you update your blog! And oh how I wish we didn't have to go to Idaho every 4th because I'd LOOOOOOOOVE to see how the holiday is down here! Sorry I missed the girl's night again! We were camping! And I need a girl's night so baaaaaaaaaaaad!!! :)

Lacy said...

Love the family pic at top!! So glad I got to see you for a min on the 4th. I love you guys. Wish we could see you more. Maddie was bummed she didn't get to see griff and gav at the parade. Your boys are getting to big, crazy!

John and Ashley said...

So cute. I love your picture at the top. your kids are growing up so fast.