One of my most FAVORITE family traditions is our yearly trip to Lake Powell. I have been going since I was little and it so great to now take my own family. We had a FANTASTIC time!!
You know me... I always take TONS of pictures so here are some of my favorites.
Lexi and Kara.
Lexi had so much fun with sis and would follow sis around with her camera to get a good smile from her because she said she loved her smile.
My handsome little man.
We took a drive to 'Lost Eden' a pretty canyon with high rock walls.
Riding the wave runner with my hubby!!
Kara just looked adorable in her life jacket.
Me and my beautiful daughter!!
Gav-o with his squirt gun.
Now that is some nice Lake Powell hair!!
April and Mel.
April and I were best friends growing up and it is so nice to spend this time with her and talk about everything going on in our lives. She is such an amazing person and mother.
At Lake Powell we eat LOTS of goodies and treats (ok junk food) Sis LOVED that part. I think she ate her weight in Cheetos and doughnuts & Capri Suns.
Gavin throwing rocks in the water.
Sis in her crab tube. She really liked it. She enjoyed being in the water.
We all had a BLAST riding the tube. I had Bry takes us out at least twice a day on the tube. Kara liked it too. She would make lots of "oooo" sounds. I was like a little kid on it with a huge smile on my face when I was riding.
It's always fun taking a new baby to Lake Powell and watching them experience it all.
Griffin with Brooklyn and Payton. Payton and Griffin became best friends instantly. April told me that Payton said she loved Griffin and wants to marry him. When Griffin was looking at the Lake Powell pictures with me and saw Payton he said "I love her, she is cool like me, and we played lots"
HOW DARLING!!!
The nights are just BEAUTIFUL there. Griffin going off the slide of the houseboat.
This hat was sitting on a chair and sis walked over and put it on. I think she makes a cute little cowgirl!!
Griffin, Mel and Payton.
Uncle Boyd cooking the marinated turkey... Oh so yummy. Thanks for always inviting us on this awesome Lake Powell vacation!!

The total for Gavins owies this trip was 4. His forehead, nose and two fingers. We thought the first year Gav had so many bruises on him was because he had just learned to walk and was on a rocking houseboat, but 2 years later and he still came out with the most injuries,, seriously that kid is a walking accident!!
My top ten favorite things about Lake Powell
1- The wonderful memories we have created there, the priceless smile on my kids faces while experiencing it all.
2- 86 degree water temperature.
3-Riding wave runners & boat rides.
4- Knee boarding and tube rides.
5- No limit to the amount of yummy goodies you can eat.
6- Night swimming, sunsets, the stars at night.
7- Falling to sleep to the sound of waves
8- Aunt Mary Ellens potato salad, banana bread and their marinated turkey.
9- Listening to Moydie play the guitar (and this year his native American flute)
10- The whole scenery is breath taking.




6 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a good time! :D We really need to get together soon and hang out!!
so much fun.. i really do miss it with you guys..next year for sure so you better go!
I have to agree that the 86* water temp is one of the best things about Powell! looks like a fabulous trip! :)
Oh that looks like so much fun! We really missed not getting to go this year. All of your kids look so cute in their little life jackets! And that is so cute that Payton and Griff had so much fun together.
Looks like a FABULOUS time! I haven't been there in years & would love to take my kids. Thanks for sharing the great pics!
Oh my goodness, these pictures are SO gorgeous, especially the sunset ones WOW!!!!
Post a Comment