Friday, June 18, 2010

Swimming Lessons!!

The past 2 weeks Griffin and Gavin have been in swimming lessons and they both really enjoyed them. Griffin was in a separate class. I was impressed with his teachers and what a good job they did. Griffin is going to have another 2 weeks of lessons, but he is getting better every day.
Trying out the waterproof camera under the water. Griffin thought that was really neat. 
Thanks Bryan for the camera... what a wonderful idea and gift since we spend so much of the summer in the water!! 

Griffin (far left) with his teachers and friends from class.
At the end of every class the kids that want to got to go jump off the diving board.... of course Griffin was definitely one of them.
I had Gavin in a mom & tot class, but it was not a class at all. I was really disappointed in these teachers, they said at this age they just want the kids to get use to the water and did not teach them anything. They were more like lifeguards than teachers... oh well. I watched what Griff's teachers were doing with him and tried the same things with Gav. He has improved SO much. He can swim with the noodles back and forth across the pool all by himself.
He also would drop water rings and dive under the water and get them!
AND... he can kick and balance on the kick board. That just came in the last few days of lessons. I kept telling him to BALANCE himself and he would say "bounce, bounce" and bounce up and down on the board and laugh.
We stayed after swimming lessons a few times to play in the outside pool with friends. 
Kara just LOVES the water. My boys always have too. It's nice not having them afraid of the water, but I have my hands full that is for sure.!!
Sis put her head under water quite a few times and liked it!!
I wish I could have captured the smile on Kara's face better... it was priceless. She really enjoyed going down the slide.
Yeah for SUMMER fun!! 

2 comments:

Lacy said...

That looks like so much fun... Next time I'm down we'll have to take our kids together!

Kari said...

Great Photos!!! Kara's hair sure looks red in those photos! I Love that pool!!!