Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend at the cabins

This past weekend we spent 2 days and 2 nights up Huntington Canyon at the cabins (thanks again Uncle Boyd) We had a BLAST. I think this was the first time I have been up in the fall, and it was SOOOO beautiful. I smiled the entire ride up at the spectacular view. I LOVE FALL!! It was such a nice relaxing weekend. Although you can not tell in most of these pictures, it rained and snowed 90% of the time we were there. We were still perfectly happy to build a fire and enjoy the outdoors. 
Griffin went fishing with Grandma and Grandpa Bernard. He was proud of the fish he caught.
My men building us a fire. They are such daddies boys and ALWAYS want to be right next to him doing whatever it is doing. 
Griffin thought it was so cool that we were roasting hot dogs over a fire. Gavin loved the fire and wanted to play in it so we had to keep a extra good hold on him. 
I thought that was a really cool picture that Bry took of the rain drops on a leaf outside. He is very creative. It is a neat picture that I never would of thought to take.
Griffin going on a COLD four-wheeler ride. This city girl has actually never been four-wheeling. And take a look at their feet.... she did not pack correctly for the mountains. 
With all the rain and snow we entertained ourselves by playing lots of fun games and watching movies and conference. We all wanted to sit on the couch that faced the tv, but wanted to lounge out and be comfy so we pulled out the hide-a-bed. You can't really tell from this picture, but our butts fell down in the crack and our feet our up. At first we laughed and thought it was not going to work, but it actually was pretty fun and comfortable.
Bry found some glasses at the Cabin and wore them proudly. I could not take him seriously when he talked with them on. He is always good for a laugh.
My sweet family by the campfire. What would camping be without the yummy smores?? Griff thought it was fun to roast (actually burn) marshmallows. He did it faster than we could eat them. We are grateful to have had such a wonderful weekend!! 

4 comments:

Lacy said...

Oh it looked like such a fun weekend! The pics you took of the scenery were beautiful! I love the cabins so much, always good times up there.

Ashley said...

well geez, lacy stole bascially what I wanted to say haha...but ya those pics. were gorgeous! you guys are so talented! Looks like you had a really good time, I love going up there too :)

Unknown said...

Oh I am SO Jealous!! Ike and I have been dieing to go camping since we got married, but you know how our summers go. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. It looks amazing up there.

Nancy Jewkes said...

What beautiful fall pictures! Brian and I drove up Ferron before hunting season, it was beautiful, I had my camera, alas I had left my memory chip in the computer ... I'll try again ... your fall pictures were inspiring.