Saturday, October 25, 2008

Griffin's field trip to the Fire Station

Griffin had his 2ND field trip on Friday and I was excited to go as the "mother helper." It was fun to go along to the Orangeville Fire Station. Seeing the excitement on Griffin's face and watching him learn new fun things was great. I was so proud of him because when the fire fighter asked questions, Griff would raise his hand and answer them. The class was asked "why do we wear these big heavy clothes" and Griffin said "so you don't get burned." He knew what the fire extinguisher was and told him "we have one at our house" I have to say I was impressed by my little man. He has enjoyed going to fire meetings with his fire fighter dad and learning about being a fire fighter and riding in the "big fire truck". Obviously he pays attention when he goes with his dad. The smile on his face was PRICELESS throughout the trip.
This was pretty fun for Griffin. He got to spray water from the water hose at passing cars.
I thought it was cute that the BOYS were the ones up front and VERY interested.

1 comment:

Nate + Callie said...

Mel, you have some handsome boys there! I love you, cuz...you are AWESOME!