
Today was Griffin's first day of school. We got him a Spider Man back-pack and a few new clothes. I was so excited for him. He was excited too even though I don't think he knew quite what was going on. We live next to the high school and when we were driving away he said "there is the school" I told him we were going to a different school and he said "the white school" (don't know where he came up with that) His teacher is Miss Sandra. She had a "lil round-up" for all her little deputies. She had a cowboy theme where they went around the room and found different symbols (hat, boot, spurs, horseshoe and cactus) under every symbol there was instructions for the parents to read to their child like "this is where you will put your coat and back-pack, this is where you will use the potty, this is where you will play, this is where you will learn, this is where you will paint and discover new things" after going to each spot, Griff colored off the different symbols. I am happy about him starting school. I think it will be a fun experience. His teacher is very nice and she has a separate class for just 3 year olds and it's only two days a week. I think that is perfect to start him out in. I hope he learns a lot, makes new good friends and most importantly enjoys himself.
Griffin was interested in all the different things in the school. 
Griffin was excited about all the different animals on the floor for "sitting and learning time" He is jumping on the monkey that had his name on it.
Where did Griff go first..... to the play computer. He is definatly his dads kid.
Mom and dad with Griffin on his first day of school. He likes the "cheek" picture and wanted us cheek to cheek with him in our pictures.
I was surprised at all the different emotion's I was feeling. I was excited for him, nervous if he was going to enjoy school and sad because this was a "first" for me taking my first child to his first day of school.
5 comments:
It sounds like Griffin is going to have a great time. I have heard Sandra is fantastic. Can you believe how fast these kids grow!?!
He sure looked cute!
This totally took me back to Mrs. Kofford's class, 25 years ago ;) Im glad you made it through. My oldest going to kindergarten was a killer!
He is darling. And I know how you feel about all the emotions. My thing was how crazy to think it is there first day of school for like the next 19 years. CRAZY!
awwwwww i love miss sandra! :o) she was so fabulous! i hope you love her too! i really have missed her down here! what a fun time for you! and how fun to have a little one on one time with gavin! :o) you're all grown up! *tear*
How exciting. It dosen't change. I still experience all those emotions and I've been doing this for quite a while now.
Post a Comment