Monday, June 16, 2008

Having the time of my life!!

Today is day 3 of our New York vacation and we are having the best times of our lives. We said that besides getting married and having our two little boys, this has been the best experience ever!!! Yesterday (Monday) was a dream come true for me. I went to Yankee stadium and was able to get a tour of the whole stadium. I stood on the field and sat in the dugout and got to go in the locker room. I sat where Derek Jeter sits and saw where he gets ready for each game. Seeing the plaque's of all the "greats" who have played in the past and just being in that stadium was just FABULOUS!!! OK I know some of you are thinking "big deal" but this was HUGE for me and something I will NEVER forget!!!! After we visited Yankee Stadium, we went on a helicopter tour of the entire city. We got to see ALL of New York and it's beautiful wonders- WOW!!! Today we went to the Empire State Building and got another great view of the city from the 147 story building. We also went to Ground Zero where the Twin Towers use to be and saw the memorial they have for those who lost their lives on 9-11. I think my favorite part of today was visiting the fire stations. We went to 3 different fire stations and it was fun and exciting shaking the hands of a NYFD member and hearing some of their stories. They had memorials in each fire station for the men they lost on 9-11. Some lost 3 or 4 and some lost 12 or 15. Since Bry is a firefighter.... it was a neat thing to be able to experience. Tonight we took a night tour of the city which was AMAZING. So much to look at and at night it was just spectacular. We saw the Brooklyn Bridge and all the Manhattan city lights along the river and SOOOO much more. I just sat back taking it all in. This city is huge and a little overwhelming, but I am enjoying EVERY minute of it. Tomorrow is my Yankees game- GO YANKEES!! I will have pictures (lots I am sure) to share later. I just wanted to write my experience so far, 4 more days of fun to go!!! I sure miss my babies... Every night at dinner, I look through my cell phone pictures and videos of them. They are SO cute and I can't wait to hug and kiss on them.

No comments: